Today, the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) opens its 2014 Site Application cyclewhich represents an opportunity for more eligible sites to apply to become approved NHSC sites. For information regarding Eligibility Requirements and an Applicant Checklist please visit the NHSC website. In addition, the application cycle for all NHSC sites required to submit a 2014 recertification application, also opens today. Both application cycles will remain open until November 1, 2013, 7:30pm ET.
As partners, you know the NHSC has been an invaluable resource in your efforts to provide primary care to those who need it most. Please help us spread the word to prospective sites in your network to apply today! Below are some points to keep in mind as you disseminate information to prospective sites about the application process.
- In order to apply, new sites will be asked to create a Site Administrator Account in the BCRS Program Portal for Site Administrators. After an account has been created, the site will then select “Apply for a New NHSC Site” on the landing page.
- Sites will complete a series of questions to confirm their eligibility for participation in the NHSC.
- Site administrators may enter a Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSA) score for their site application using the HPSA Find Tool. However, HPSA entries are not required to submit an application and will be reviewed by PCOs and the NHSC before approval.
- The NHSC is strongly encouraging sites with HPSA scores of 14 and above to apply.
- New sites are encouraged to review the NHSC site program requirements by visiting the NHSC Site Reference Guide.
Sites in your network can learn more by visiting the NHSC Website and/or by contacting the Customer Care Center at 1-800-221-9393 from 8am to 8pm ET, Monday-Friday.