HCAN Learning Teams
Nebraska’s Health Centers Support Each Other in the Following Areas
Training and Technical Assistance
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) leadership participates in team calls and retreats, annual symposiums, and planning surveys. Guidance on Federal and State initiatives is also provided by HCAN.
Teams receive eNewsletters and alerts regarding the latest public regulations and programs, published best practices, and ideas that are circulating to advance health care for disadvantaged persons.
The Learning Teams establish valuable connections on the state and national levels around these current focus groups:
- Clinical and Patient Centered Medical Home,
- Financial Operations Management,
- Health Information Technology,
- Human Resources Team,
- Communications Team, and
- Special Topics Teams – Dental, Medicaid Outreach, Managed Care, Electronic Health Records Meaningful Use, and Disaster Preparedness.
HCAN Information Contact: Keshia Bradford 402-933-3519.
Primary Care Experts Assist FQHCs
The following national and regional organizations provide training and technical assistance resources and program funding:
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA): Training Opportunities
- HRSA & Region 7: Bureau of Primary Health Care (BPHC), UDS Training, UNMC Great Plains Public Health Training Center,
- CMS: NGS Medicare, WPS Medicare, MLN, Medicaid
- National Association of Community Health Centers: NACHC Events Calendar
- National Association of State Health Policy: NASHP Training & Events
- ERCI: ERCI Compliance Training
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: IHI Opportunities
- Nebraska: CIMRO, NRSS, NPHA, NRHA, Nebraska Public Policy Center